Monday 20 February 2017

I DONT RAISE THE DEAD - Xhila Roy









"Gorilla" as intriguing as it may sound will pique one's interest to know the context in which it was used as a song title.

Hard Way Survival Music's Recording artist Xhila Roy gave his reason for choosing Gorilla as the title to his song during a radio interview with king Lagazee on HitzFm 103.9 (Lagazee Sounds)

A portion of the verses goes like:

"Simple as yuh see me
Me nuh tek nuh program.
Set me goals an achieve it I listen to no one
Nuh tek bad influence fram nuh frend
Work fi mi things me nuh beg beg nuh frend" ...

Meaning:
As simple as you see me , am not weak to peer pressure. I set my goals and achieve them, i listen to no one. I dont take bad influence from friends because i work for my things but dont beg for them
....

According to him, his in-born "go getting" spirit makes him unstoppable when reaching for his goals.

"Born as a gorilla, grew as a gorilla, energetic as a gorilla " - he said.

When he was asked whether he will still throw lyrical shots to his colleague artist (Jah Lead) he answered by saying;

"Me is not a obeah man, me nuh clash duppy"...

Am waiting on him to respond. Up Until then, me nuh clash duppy so me nuh rise duppy"

Xhila Roy added that Duppy means ghost and he is not a spiritualist to compete with a ghost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment